KEY INDUSTRIES IN GDIZ PRESENT ENORMOURS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVESTORS.
There is abundance of raw materials that are cultivated in Benin.
Some of them are listed as follows
Benin is the No 1. producer of seed cotton in Africa, and N°10 in the world ranking. Benin exceeded 700.000 tons of harvest in 2020 and plans multi-fold production by 2024 which offers tremendous opportunity for cotton products- MADE IN BENIN. According to Government of Rebublic of Benin website, the cotton production has evolved over the last 10 years in Benin. Read more about the Textile Park in Benin that specializes in production of cotton textiles and apparels.
- Benin is the 3rd largest producer of pineapples in the world.
- Raw pineapple product value ~ USD 50 million
- Export potential transformation worth ~ USD 200 million
- 300.000 MT production per year
- 1.2% contribution to national GDP
- 75% export
- 27% of processed fruits
- Two varieties are produced:
– “pain de sucre” (90%) and “cayenne smooth” (10%)
– Pain de sucre labelled “Made in Benin”
– Fair trade certified product
- 6th largest producer in West Africa
- 170.000 MT average production per year
- Targeted production: 221.000 MT
- Raw Shea Nuts product value: ~ USD 50 million
- Export potential transformation worth: ~ USD 200 million
- Diversify export markets: Sweden, United Kingdom, India, Indonesia, France, Denmark and the Netherlands
- 1.23% Contribution to national GDP
- 80% export
- 20% of processed nuts
- Volume exported: ~31.000 MT
- Targeted production: 200.000 MT
- Available land: 70.000 Ha
- The production is expected to hit 341,000 tons by 2030. Benin started exporting soyabeans with the assistance of the IAEA and FAO.
- Diversify export markets: China, European Union, India, Vietnam, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Togo and other countries like Turkey, Belgium, Myanmar and Indonesia.
- Less than 10% of processed fruits
- 25% export